CALL FOR COMPETITION
■ Purpose and theme of the competition
Convinced that there is an urgent need to give visibility to innovative, useful and aesthetic solutions proposed by creative talents interested in inclusive design, PGF, EOT and APF have joined forces to create the Grands Prix du Design Inclusif, whose first edition 2019 was dedicated to the “Fashion & Accessories” part.
The 2nd edition 2022 will be dedicated to Design: Design in relation to the Paralympic Games.
The projects of the winners will have to contribute to make the society more inclusive and supportive for people with disabilities and their close ones.
The point of the competition is to reward an innovative creative proposal that will drastically improve a disability situation, whether through a utility function or an aesthetic reconsideration of an existing object.
■ Competition Dates
The competition begins on February 1, 2022 at 9:00 am GMT+1.
Participants’ projects must be submitted via their Eyes on Talents profile by September 20, 2022 at 23:59 GMT+1.
The winner’s project will be chosen between 20 and 26 September 2022.
The proclamation of the results and the awarding of the prize by the President of the Jury will take place between September 26 and October 4, 2022 during the Women’s Fashion Week in Paris.
■ The Eyes on Talents x Paris Good Fashion / APF France Handicap Prize
The winners of the Grand Prix du Design Inclusif “Fashion & Accessories” will be rewarded by:
The awarding of one or more donations for a total amount of €10,000
The development of the project by APF Entreprises or one of its partners,
A dedicated communication, provided by Paris Good Fashion and Eyes on Talents.
The schools from which the winners come from will also be mentioned in the communication actions surrounding the event.
The Jury is composed of 8 members:
- Representative of Eyes on Talents
- Representative of Paris Good Fashion
- Representative of APF France Handicap
- Representative of PARIS 2024
- Representative of the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode
- Representative of Vestiaire Collective
- Representative of one of the partners
- Fashion journalists
Participation is free and no purchase is necessary to enter or win. This is a skills competition and the chances of winning depend solely on the quality of the project submitted.
The contest is open:
- To fashion, accessories and jewellery designers already present on the platform and having demonstrated a sensitivity for Inclusive Design through past projects,
- Students working on relevant 2022 diploma projects and recommended alumni from schools offering courses that explore the issues of “human services”,
- To any student regularly enrolled in a public or private institution in France, or abroad issuing a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree
■ How to register for the competition
Candidates must confirm their participation in the competition on the website www.eyesontalents.com by September 20, 2022 at 23:59 GMT+1, by filling in their complete profile and their project.
They will have to make sure that their data registered on their Eyes on Talents profile are accurate, such as first name, last name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
The project dedicated to this competition must include the following title: #GPDIMODE2ACC
The projects will be confidential within EOT and will therefore only be visible to the members of the competition jury, EOT staff and its partners.