The growth of e-commerce and consumer awareness about environmental issues naturally raises the challenge of packaging in the fashion industry.
In 2021, following the results of the Citizen Consultation, we have committed to reduce the volume of packaging produced and gradually eliminating single-use plastic. Our work on reusable packaging seeks to remove the barriers in order to accelerate and massively expand its use.
To address the multiple issues associated with the implementation of reusable packages, we set up 4 sub-working groups:
● Logistics: enabling the integration of reusable packages into distribution centers without altering the center's operational productivity.
● Consumer information: educate and motivate consumers to new habits.
● Cost optimization and reduction: work on reducing packaging costs (especially the cost of return) and optimize their distribution
● Collection points: facilitate returns by increasing and optimizing collection points
▶︎ [Spring 2021 / March 2022] Research and state of the art.
▶︎ [March 2022] Realization of a communication campaign by 3 IFM students - Anne Bertemes, Lisa Wantz and Victoria Carpenito - as part of the IFM Sustainability Bootcamp.
▶︎ [May 2022] Production of the Reusable Package FAQ with Make.org Foundation, Wavestone and working group participants. Document available here (french)
▶︎ [Spring/Summer 2022] Drafting and preparation of the launch of the collective campaign with Wavestone.
▶︎ [Fall 2022] Launch of the campaign "En mode colis réutilisable"
• Maïtena Echeverria, Violette de La Croix, Julia Roche, André Torossian - Make.org Foundation
• Isabelle Lefort, Laure du Pavillon, Clémence Grisel - Paris Good Fashion
• Anouk Labert, Léa Lunel - Wavestone
• Thibaut Lamaury, Chloé Vankeirsbilck - Colissimo
• Damien Pellé, Mélanie Miet - Galeries Lafayette
• Joséphine Schertz - Gambettes Box
• Isabelle Desfontaine - Groupe Eram
• Celya Cirak - Groupe Etam
• Anne-Sophie Raoult et Léa Got - Hipli
• Sylvie Desessart - Kiabi
• Frédéric Lecoq - Lacoste
• Emmanuelle Mercier - La Redoute
• Caroline Grangie, Louise Orier, Rozenn Magadur, Martin Auguste Bossut - Leboncoin
• Trystan Lerouge, Sandrine Jankowiak, Gloria Davies - Monoprix
• Charlotte Darmet, Antonin Grêlé-Rouveyr - Opopop
• Clémence Avignon, Laura Batten - RePack
• Séverine Imbert - Schiaparelli