Animal welfare is a hotly debated topic in civil society, media and institutions. As the concern for the good treatment of animals is profoundly changing the food and cosmetic industries, how will it impact fashion?
As fashion brands and companies, we all working with animal-based materials. Thus, it seemed particularly relevant to us to establish a working group dedicated to animal welfare in order to meet the expectations of our stakeholders, both internally and externally.
Thus, the ambition of this working group on animal welfare is to :
- Share definitions, commitments, actions and best practices
- Identify potential synergies and opportunities for collective work
- Consider bringing a common message from the French fashion industry on the subject
▶︎ [January 2021] We have commissioned Deloitte to carry out a study on animal welfare and skin quality. Results expected at the end of 2021.
- Géraldine Vallejo & Yoann Regent - Kering (Leaders)
- Frank Boehly - National Leather Council (Pilot)
- Jean Christophe Muller - Chanel & Tanneries Haas
- Hélène Valade & Cathelijne Klomp - LVMH
- Andrée-Année Lemieux - IFM
- Léonore Garnier - FHCM
- Pascal Gautrand - Collectif Tricolor
- Leopolda Contaux-Bellina - Sed Nove Studio
- Frédéric Lecoq - Lacoste
- Louis Prat & Marianne Baker (editors of the study) for Deloitte Sustainable Development under the direction of Clémence Hulet & Ywan Penvern